Welcome to NSC2 – The Next Generation of New Ship Classes & More
|SPECIAL NOTE: The NSC2 website is still being updated for the redesign of the mod. Not all sections are complete yet, but they will be added as we have time. If you have any questions about the mod that aren’t answered here on the site, please visit the NSC2 Discord server via the links on the left side of this page.|
Welcome to the Official Mod Guide for NSC2, The Next Generation of New Ship Classes & More for Stellaris 2.0!
NSC2 is a mod for the PC strategy game Stellaris by Paradox Interactive. Stellaris is available to purchase on Steam here.
This website is here to serve as a full guide to the mod for our users. By using the drop down menus above, you can view a page about each individual feature in the mod to learn what it does, how it works, its requirements in the game, and other information.
The NSC2 mod has changed from its previous version. The main NSC2 mod, which is referred to as the “base” mod, contains only the features related to ship classes and stations. Additional features that are not related to the core intent of the mod will be separated into Addon mods, to allow users to pick and choose which features they want to use.
To subscribe and download the mod, head to our Steam Workshop page located here.
General Listing of NSC2’s features and changes:
- New Ship Classes: Strike Cruiser, Battlecruiser, Fleet Support Ship, Carrier, Dreadnought, Titan (Upgraded From Vanilla), Flagship.
- Ship Class Upgrades: New upgrade section options include the PD Destroyer, Light Carrier, Spitfire Battleship, Heavy Carrier, and Supercarrier.
- More Titans: Titan limit increased, because 3 is just not enough.
- Solar Stronghold Starbase: This new Level 6 starbase is the ultimate system defense station.
- New Starbase Modules & Buildings: Various new modules and buildings to enhance your starbases.
- New Special Components: Special upgrade components for all classes.
- New Weapons: A few new special weapons for more dakka.
- The Return of Defense Stations: Stations and Fortresses are now buildable as Starbase Defense upgrades.
- And Much More: Many other tweaks and changes to improve the gameplay experience.
IMPORTANT: Some of the major features of NSC2 (Such as Titans and Titanic weapons) are only available if you have purchased the Apocalypse DLC. You can find it on Steam here. In addition, the Utopia DLC is required to use any Megastructures that NSC2 provides. You can purchase the Utopia DLC here.
Latest Mod Update
April 17, 2018 – Season 1, Episode 5: Strike Cruisers Part Deux (Update 1 – Version 1.5.0)
New Save Game is Not Required (But Highly Recommended)
Future Development Plans & Upcoming Features
Special Notes & Items of Interest
- No known bugs at this time.
Other Important Information
- This mod requires the UI Overhaul 1080p mod in order for the 5-section Flagship to display properly in the ship designer. If you don’t care about how the UI looks in the ship designer, you can use this mod alone with no issues.
- HOW TO RESET NSC: If your copy of the mod is not working properly, delete this entire folder from your PC: Steam\SteamApps\workshop\content\281990\683230077 and then unsubscribe and resubscribe to the mod. Verify that Steam is downloading the mod, and then try to run again. You may have to repeat this step a few times to get it working. This is becoming a common problem with Steam and we cannot fix it from our end.
NSC2 Official Addon Mods
Official Addon mods are created and maintained by the NSC2 development team. They include extra features not related to the intent of the Base Mod, giving players the option of choosing which features they’d like in their game.
- Unlimited Supercapitals
- Build unlimited numbers of Fleet Support Ships, Titans, and Flagships.
NSC2 Certified Addon Mods
Official Addon mods are created and maintained by third party modders, but have been certified by the NSC2 development team as being compatible and high quality.
SPECIAL NOTE: The NSC2 development team does not keep track of these mods in terms of updates. If one of these mods is out of date or not working properly, please contact the mod author on their Steam Workshop page.
- NSC2 Language Patch
- Adds the NSC English text to all languages supported by Stellaris, so that English text will appear instead of localisation strings if you don’t have a direct translation for your chosen language.
- Playable Guardians Redone
- The updated 2.0 version of Crusader Vanguard’s original Playable Guardians mod.