The Ether Drake
The Ether Drake is one of several “Leviathans” or “Guardians” available through the Leviathans DLC.
This colossal beast is literally best described as Stellaris’ “Space Dragon,” from the devastating beam of fire from the bowels of its stomach to the powerful energy discharges of its wings, this “Dragon” is not to be trifled with.
By all accounts, the Ether Drakes predate all galactic civilization. There were once multitudes, legend telling of massive dragons of color as varied as the stars, but their race has been slowly wasting away for eons, hunted to near extinction by empires filled with trepidation at its presence or histrionic glory seekers most eager for a highly prized commemoration. They are believed to be the last dregs of a universe that ended before ours began, the sole survivors of some “big crunch.” Something about the physical laws of the universe does not agree with them, as if they evolved in another reality. Between callous mercenaries, frightful empires, and their own evolutionary dissolution, the extermination of the Drakes over eons of slow decimation have led to their practical extinction… yet you still hear whispers of roaming Dragons around the edges of the galaxy.
- Sublight Speed: 6
- Combat Speed: 0.75
- Hit Points: 100,000
- Evasion: 25%
- Armor: 100 (57.1% Damage Reduction)
- 1 Red Dragonfire Beam
- 8 Red Dragonfire Bolt Launchers
- 4 Red Dragonfire Lightning Defenses
- 4 Large Dragonscale Armor Plates
- 1 Regenerative Hull Tissue
Drake Solar System:
- The Ether Drake spawns immediately upon system creation, making it one of the easiest to find as it will already be present in system when discovered.
- The Ether Drake has the largest aggression radius of all the Guardians, making it impossible to enter it’s system without quickly engaging in combat.
- The Ether Drake will always spawn in a system with an M class star (red).
- The Ether Drake system is guaranteed to have one 25-tile Gaia world with a balanced assortment of rich resource deposits.
- The Baby Drake that can be acquired from the system may be “born” into any of the 13 available colors of the Playable Guardian version, thus giving it only a 1 in 13 chance of looking like its “mother.”
- The Baby Drake will become a Playable Guardian after you have “hatched” the original. The Baby Drake has a more powerful lance but less HP than their “grown” counterparts.