Fleet Formation Customization
From NSC 3.0.7 onward, the fleet ships will arrange themselves in this order, from front to back:
- Strike Cruiser
- Light Carrier
We have released an addon mod that will allow players to change the formation from the default list above and customize it to their own tastes. You can download the addon mod from this page and follow the tutorial here on how to install and use it. You do not need this mod if you’re happy with the default formation order shown above. However, if you’d like to change your formation settings, follow these steps.
Mod Last Updated: July 30, 2017 for NSC 6
Addon Mod Instructions:
- Make sure you’re subscribed to NSC (Who wouldn’t be?!?)
- Download this mod ZIP file from the website here and save it to your desktop.
- Extract the entire ZIP file to this directory on your PC: C:\Users\(Your Name)\Documents\Paradox Interactive\Stellaris\mod
- Once the ZIP file is extracted, open the nsc-formations-addon folder. After it opens, click on the common folder. Then click on the ship_sizes folder.
- In here, you’ll see two text files. These are the two files you will need to edit to make your changes. Open the first file, 00_ship_sizes.txt.
- At the top of this file, you’ll see a section that says ##### FLEET FORMATION PRIORITY #####. Below that is a list of the 12 military ship classes in NSC. They appear in the default order. Each entry has the priority number next to it, 1 through 12. This is where you can change the numbers to whatever order you want. The numbers go from front to back in the fleet formation, smaller numbers up front, bigger ones at the back. Make sure that you have only one of each number (1-12) and that you don’t have two classes with the same number. (Special Note: The “facruiser” entry is the Strike Cruiser).
- Once you’ve done that, save the file.
- Now, open the captainx3_ship_sizes.txt file. At the top of this file, you’ll see the exact same code section as you did in the previous file. Make the exact same changes in this file that you did in the last one… THEY MUST BE IDENTICAL!!
- Now save this file like you did the last one.
- Before you run the game, it is recommended that you save your preferred formation somewhere on your PC, because whenever we update these two files in the main NSC mod, we’ll have to upload a new version of this addon, too, and you’ll need to make your changes again.
- Once all of this is done, run Stellaris and make sure that you have both the main NSC mod and this addon mod turned on. Play and enjoy!